Thursday, March 6, 2008

You will only live once ...

One Fear to come true…
September 25, 2007
So I am a Mom, I have things that I never want to have happen to my children and then I have things that I do want them to do, but this was one that I didn’t.
We were on Vacation in North Carolina and it was Saturday the 8th of September, the day after my cousins wedding, that was so awesome, but the whole family had decided to go to the beach together, so I was with my aunt shelly, and we had to go and take the presents to Amy and Jamie’s house so my mom and brandon were in the Red car and Me the girls and Aunt Shelly were in the Escalade( ya we were riding in style!! I loved it! I want one!!) So we unload everything and my mom and Brandon leave first cause they had to stop and get formula and some things at the store so we set off to the beach and Aunt Shelly and I are having a wonderful talk, she is driving and I’m sitting next to Taylor, we are in the middle row, it has just the two seats, and Hadley is in the Middle of the back bench, and we are talking about family, why people do things that they do, how fun and hard it is to raise kids, just a fun talk, and we come to a stop and there is a red van in front of us and the next thing I know, BAM! We got rear ended! Yes that’s right I was in an accident with my children in the car! Can you say scare the shit out of me. I’ve never been in an accident before and now I’m in one with my children!! Man it was awful! My children are screaming I’m trying to stay clam but it’s kind of hard, and man Aunt Shelly jumps out of her seat, she is calling 911 and getting Taylor out of her seat and I’m getting Hadley out of hers, and in the mean time I’m trying to make sure they are ok, nothing happen to them. (We are on what they call the main road, cause it really is the main road on those Islands) and there are lots of people on the road, it was so weird cause normally there aren’t that many, but I jump out with Hadley and go over to the drivers side cause that is were the Medin is and a truck hit us, and a white car had hit him and we hit the red van, ya so crazy. The white car was a driver that was 20 and he never stopped, the truck was coming to a stop but wasn’t all the way, so we were the ones that stopped both of them! So every one is checking to see if everyone is ok and lucky everyone is. No one was hurt or injured, crazy. Well I call my mom and tell her so her and brandon come back cause they were ahead of us and then we call my Uncle Paul and let him know well, here’s the funny thing, my Uncle David is a Lawyer, and not just that he does the accident ones, so he was down for the wedding and at the beach with my dad, brother and uncle and the rest of the family so they all show up and oh man it was a mess, it was so crazy I’ve never been so scared before in my life! The cops said that if we weren’t in the SUV then we would of been in serious trouble, that SUV pretty much saved us from being really hurt! (Needless to say we have been thinking of getting me a car, or a Tahoe, well this just confirmed for us even more that with our children in the car we will get the Tahoe) But it was so scarey, this was one one of my worst fears coming true. But the Escalade wasn’t hurt that bad which is good for the kid cause that is an expensive car!! And to fix! But anyways, I’m ok but I still sitting at stop lights can hear the truck hitting us and the car slamming forward. I will have dreams about it also and I just know that I was blessed that day, someone was watching over us, and I know that if I wasn’t with my Aunt Shelly then something serious would of happened, cause she is so strong in her faith and had such a testimony and someone that I look up too, cause she’s not afride to say anything about our church and she is amazing, and my Uncle is the Bishop and I just know that we were blessed even more because of them. I’m just so glad that I have a family so strong and true to there faith and so loving and caring about there family. I love my family and I’m so grateful that we are ok.

No comments: