Thursday, March 6, 2008

We became ONE

It all started back in November of 2004. I was having fall out times with my parents and they had “kicked me out” of the house, I had 2 weeks to be out. And so I was going to move with my cousin Mandy into a town house up in Ogden. And I was staying up at my cousins house in North Ogden, I have the best Aunts in the world. Well on November 16, 2004, my uncle Wes died. Just all of a sudden and so I was just stayed up at there house for sometime. I’ve never been really close with these cousins, until that year. And my cousin Chase who is 6 months older than me, decied to set me up on a blind date after all the funeral things, cause he had re-conected with an ex of his and they got back together. So he said that we would double and it would be fun. So I said ok, thinking hey I’ve had some really crapy luck this year, maybe it will get better. Well the day comes, and all I know is that my dates name is Brandon, well that week I’ve been hearing nothing but “oh Brandon, good luck, with him.” from my cousin’s and it’s not like a good sound in there voices. I guess Chase and Brandon went to high school together and worked together also. So I’m excited, despite what they say, cause I’ve never been set up on a blind date before, so it should be fun. But the day comes and about an hour before we are to go out, my other coz, Zeb, he is a year or so younger than me. Is like “did you know Chase told Brandon that you are ‘easy’ and so that is one reason he’s going out with you” Ya so pissed at him I didn’t want to go. But I decided that I would make this date HELL for chase and he would regret what he had done. So next thing I know this diesel pulls up in front and there is a knock on the door and Brandon walks in….
Background on Brandon: COWBOY! He was a bull rider in high school, in the FFA(Vice Pres), worked on the dairy, had dated a cowgirl for 2 years and was engaged to her and thought he was the shit.
So in walks Brandon, wearing tight pants with holes in them and thermals under, he had a nice butt in them. But just not what I expected. Cowboy, cowboy. Note he did not have on boots! he did have on “work” boots but not cowboy boots. Well Brandon again, went to school with my cousins (Chase and Zeb) so he also knew my Aunts other kids and well ya they all knew each other. I was thinking the whole time, HIS JEANS ARE TIGHTER THAN MINE! SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we leave to go and get Becki, Chase’s girl, and then to eat. Well I walk out side and guess what is sitting there, the truck I’ve always wanted, a Dodge Diesel. Oh my goodness nothing is sexier than that. And it’s got a lift and nice tires and oh man, let’s say it’s a good thing he had the truck, scored points on that one. But anyways, we pick up Becki and then I hear “So where do you want to eat?” What!?!?! Chase said they had it all planned out - no they didn’t. So we end up going to Applebee’s and I’ve not said much the whole time so far - cause I’m still pissed at Chase - well it’s a Friday night and it’s packed and noone had really stepped up to put our names on the list so I did. And I’m trying to “act” like I’m having a good time, but really all I can think is, I want to go home. So we get seated and I’ve not eaten here too much so i don’t really know what to get, well I ordered the Feista Lime Chicken and Brandon got the Take Two (They don’t offer that anymore) (oh these have become what we always order here now.) But I texted my sister that this date was lame and Becki wouldn’t really talk and so it was mostly Chase and Brandon talking. So food comes and we eat and try to make small talk, and after I think ok well they atleast have to have something planned for after - again No. It’s a so what do you want to do now. OH HELL. So Brand decieds to go out to Willard and go “muddin” So we all agree. Well Chase and Becki are in the back cab of the truck and I’m hugging the door (not really but that is what they said I look like) So Chase is all move closer to him blah blah blah, and we stop so that Chase and Becki can sit up front with us, So I have to sit right next to brandon now, I have to touch him!!!! But that was fun, the muddin, I really enjoyed that cause I’d never been. Well the night is starting to come to an end and we drop off Becki and we go to my Aunts house, cause Chase lives there and so am I at the time. Well he gets out and so it’s just me and brand in the truck and we start our small talk - well 3 hours later I walk into my aunts house to go to bed. We talked the entire time! And the whole time we are getting along perfect and he has just really impressed me with his life and what he wants to do in life and all kinds of things, I don’t say too much cause I didn’t want to sound like some girl that agreed on everything with him. But we exchange phone numbers and say we will go out again. Or something like that.
Well the next night everyone is asking how it went blah blah blah and Chase asked me do you want to go out with him again? I was like sure so what does he do CALLS HIM!!!! And says I want to go out that night!!!!!!!!!! FREAK! Well Brandon doesn’t believe him so I have to talk to him, and not wanting to be mean I say yeah I do so we do, it’s just the two of us this time. Brandon at the time just lived down the road from my Aunts house so he was there in like 3 mins. So we leave and take a “drive” Remeber he is a cowboy, so we head to the mountians and we go to Kosey Dam. And it was BEAUTIFUL! (Note: Our first date was December 3, 2004) So it was a full moon, snow on the ground, the dam was frozen over and not a cloud in the sky. And we park at the overlook, and me being the funny girl I am, am thinking, “great, he is going to try and kiss me! LAME.” So I was trying not to let it happen. And he is like I’m gonna sleep, so he lays his seat back, and I’m still thinking the same thing. So the end of that night comes and it’s late when we get home I mean we talked and I don’t remember about what but it was enjoyable. Well that week we text each other and flirt on that and we end up hanging out that next weekend and the next, and the next my family is making cookies at my parents house and we think it will be fun to go down and have brandon meet my parents, cause he hasn’t yet. So we head on down, like all of my cousins and we played a game while everyone was making cookies. And Brandon and I flirted and stuff the whole time, it was fun. (Note: By our 3rd date, which was that sunday after our first I knew I was going to marry him, I just didn’t want too many people to know yet!!) Well he meets the family and my parents and they hit it off GREAT! WHAT!?!? That wasn’t suspost to happen! They are suspost to hate my boyfriends! (Another note: we still have not kissed yet) Well Christmas comes and he goes with me and my family on Christmas eve to see the lights and my nephews and neice take to him right away! They love him and want to go in the truck with him. It was cute. So he does the lights with us and everything else we do on christmas eve. Well come Christmas Night we hang out again and he’s gotten me a GIFT!!!! Crap! Has Lindsey gotten him anything? No! So I text my cousins like what am I suspost to do? Cause I told him oh yours is up at Chases house, thinking they have something lying around or run to the store type of a thing for me. Well, he got me a CD, and Hoodie, and some candy. It was really cute and sweet. So we go up to there house and I give my cousins some money and tell them to find something for me, so they go to the gas station, Flying J to be exact, and they got him and shirt, a key chain with his name on it a calendar, some Stedson cologne and a fleece blanket!!!! OH my RED NECK GIFT! But it was a nice blanket, I still have it and I used it all the time!
Well that night we go to hang out with my cousins and there friends, which are also brandon’s from high school. And after that me and brandon go for a “drive” we ended up just parking and talking. And the topic of why we haven’t kissed comes up. And he tells me he just wants to make sure it’s right. And i’m looking at him sideways with my eyes and he asks me not to do that, and puzzled I ask why, and he says cause it makes me want to kiss you, and I say so why don’t you. Well ****Magic**** I will never forget that kiss and that moment. And neither will Brandon, we’ve talked about it many times. We both have never experienced a kiss like that. One that said “yes” well it was just a kiss nothing else and I swear it lasted like 3 hours it was perfect, the movie kind of kiss. Well we pull away some and Brandon looks in my eyes and says “yes, this is right. Being with you is right.” I’m still amazed at the kiss and how I feel inside and I got chills when he told me that cause I was hoping he felt the same also, and he did. And that my friends is how we started. We have been with each other almost, about a week and a half not, since then. We have been the best thing for each other and wow looking back it’s been wonderful. We have been the best of friends. We don’t hide anything from each other. And we have spent every night in each others arms. Nothing more wonderful than that. Oh Bliss, what a wonderful beginning!

No comments: