Thursday, May 8, 2008

Surgery?

My Dad is amazing! I love him so much! He is such an example to me and just the greatest Dad ever. Well for the past year and half or so he's been having pain in his left shoulder area and he finally went and got a MRI or something like that on it and found out he had bone spurs. Very painful. Bad enough it hurt to hold my girls and to use it and sleep on it, just not good. So he went to two Doctors for there opions and what to do about it. Well he picked one and decided that today, Thursday the 8 of May 2008 he would have the surgery. So at 9 this morning he was getting his surgery. Well my mom called me to let me know what was going on and she told me that everything was good and they fixed somethings and he was still in recovery and they weren't able to go back yet, but then she told me that they had to cut off his wedding ring. I started crying on the phone. This just hits me really hard cause for those of you that know our family, my Dad hasn't been able to take his ring off since they were married, 30 years ago, 31 in June. But his fingers had grown around it so it really couldn't come off, he can spin it around but ya it was stuck. And it was just so hard to hear that they had to cut it off. I don't know why it killed me so bad, it still does. I guess I just always looked at it for strenght whenever something hard has come up in my life. My Dad didn't want to have it cut off but they said in order to do the surgery it had to come off. He was really upset from what my mom told me and she wasn't too happy about it either. She told me she had it in her purse and that for there Anniversary she would be getting him a new on. That is hard for me I guess cause I think of Wedding Rings as the start of something together with your other half. And so I don't know it's just weird for me. But I guess things like this happen. And I'll still look at the new one for strengh also. But my Dad will be in a sling for 6 weeks and he has to sleep in the recliner for awhile. But this is a good thing cause it was really painful for him and now he will be better!!! yahoo! I love my Daddy! He is my hero! Now get better soon!

No comments: