Monday, May 19, 2008

She be runnin ....

Ok I actually did, I did the Ogden City Marathon, well not the whole thing but I did the 5K. Which was so much fun! I did it with My mom, sister and brother Adam. The funny thing is ..... I didn't train for it!!!! Ya I ran it in 36 mins. Which was amazing for me! I swear it was going to be an hour, but well I guess I was faster than I thought! But I had so much fun and so did my family that we are going to be doing the Kaysville 5K on the 4th of July! Oh i think I've found a part time Hobby!!
But running that thing was nuts! I couldn't believe how many people were there! But my goal the whole time was to beat this one girl! Ha how funny is that? I had to stay ahead of her which was hard at times. But I stayed in the back, I had told my family I wasn't going to kill myself on this but enjoy it and just jog. So my mom was always in front of me and when she would start to do that fast walk thing and I would come up next to her I would be her buddy and stay by her side till she was ready to go again! It was fun and I'm so proud of her! For being 50 and doing her first race, she got 35 mins! Wow that is so cool! My brother what a stud! He finished in 25 mins! Wow that rocks and my sister finished in 30 mins! They did so good! It was fun but so cold where you start at, up at the Timbermine in Ogden, man that wind is freezing! And it was only 7 in the morning! Wow early! But running down the road to the finish line was so awesome! And to see my babies and Brandon standing and cheering Mommy on was awesome! Brandon was so proud of me and was just so excited for me! It was great!
But did I get really any sleep the night before ... no. I was so nervous it was crazy! I couldn't believe it. But now that I've done my first I think the others won't be so bad! But I'm going to train some more now for my next one! I'm so excited this is so much fun! Crazy, but fun! I'd like to work up to a full and a half and a 10K, so maybe next year I'll do the half, who knows. But if you ever want just something fun to do with your family I highly recommend this, cause you can walk it too! Yeah I've never really been a runner but this was pretty cool! Rock on for music also! I would have died without it! But I'll put up the pictures once I get them, they are on 4 different cameras!!! So to all you runners out there, this one is for you!
Here is the link to the site where they took my pictures and you can see me! My number was 8740 or type in my Last Name (watch the spelling) MANSCILL. Peace!

http://zazoosh.com

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Wow, Lidsey! Congrats!!!! :) I'm so proud of you, I could totally never do that. :)