Monday, November 17, 2008

I've gone Country ... back to my roots ...

Ok so I admit that I am "Country" I love having cows all around me and the "long" drive out to our house and that I have to drive to church every Sunday and thursday cause it's not close enough to walk! But what I really love that my daughters are country! It's in there blood. I've not really taught them to love what I love or even like what i like, cause if I did i would not be watching kid shows all day!! But they have just all of a sudden taken a huge interest in "western" Hadley mainley.
Taylor will kind of do what Hads does but she is her own personality too and she also loves the country life!

But here is the main part of my story. Just a week or two ago Hadley started to talk .... alot more than usual. She is shy around people at first but she is getting better. And just out of the blue she sarted to say Cowboy to me. And it was cute and i didn't think much into it. Until Brandon and I one night decided to watch one of our favorite movies. And now it's a staple in the movie watching with the girls, more or less a rquest to watch it.



I love this movie for reasons like George Strait and the music. But all of a sudden my daughters have taken lots of interest in the movie. Hadley now comes to me and says
"Mommy I watch Cowboy Show"
And I will have to turn it on and she will sit and watch the whole thing. Well the best part is the other day in the car we were listening to country, do I really listen to anything else?? Anyways the song by Brooks and Dunn called "Cowgirl Don't Cry" came on and Hadley started to sing it!! It was the cutest thing I've ever heard!! She says it so cute too! She will say Cowgirl and Cowboy and I love it! She will come to me and say "Mommy I want Cowboy hat" and her and Taylor will both have to put on there Cowgirl hats, but they will sit and watch the movie like that!! It's so cute and funny! I love having cowgirls. Hadley the other day to my mom on the phone told her that "she marry cowboy!!" Oh my I was laughing so hard! It was very random but so dang cute nd my mom was all, "your gonna marry a cowboy? well we'll have to see about that" Oh man she was laughing it was so cute! It's a wonder people have kids cause they really do say the cutest things!!

So to this post I'm letting my kids know, you can still love the city, trust me I still love the mall and going to Downtown Salt Lake, but keep your roots! Nothing feels more like home to me than the 10 to 15 mins I drive to get home from the freeway and passing all the fields and how the houses are spread out and seeing horses and cows all over the place. How my neighbors and I are separted with fields and no one lives accross he the way from us. Just a field, that now has cows in it! Ha I just can't escape them!! But it may seem far, but it's really not that far! It's just wonderul! And I love it! I love being able to stay home and be a mommy to the best girls ever. What a wonderful blessing that is to our family. We are truely blessed even in this time of worry and hardache, I really do have to count our blessings. And I'm so glad we are self employeed! I fear for what we might be like if otherwise! Anyways, just thought I would share what I've been up to the last couple of days with us. It's so fun. I can't wait till they are a bit older but right now I take each day as it comes! Thanks girls for givin me something to laugh about everyday! Even when you do wake one another up from naps, or in the middle of the night, I love to have to still cuddle with me. Um .... speaking of getting woken up .... someone just woke some one up! I'll chat later!
PS I'm still working on the picture thing too! I haven't forgotten!!

1 comment: