Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th Starts with a Run!

Well I love July 4th (I've come to find out that lots of people love the 4th, which I think is a good thing!) But we started this awesome day with our "Family Run" Me, Momma, Jenny and Adam all did the Kaysville Run for Reading! And it was really fun! I only did the 5K but everyone else did the 10K (don't ask them why, they still aren't too sure why they did it!!) But it was kind of fun to run around Kaysville in the early morning and run passed all the things that I normally drive pass and never really see. I really enjoyed my run, but I have to say the hills are killer in Kaysville, 200 North sucks to run up! Ug! I'm so proud of my mom, she did so good. And she wanted to quit after her first 2 miles, but she didn't, my sister was there to help her out! And she finished! She is such a trooper! She started to cry after she finished saying I'm never going to do that again! It was so funny, but she said she will but she just was trippin herself out while she was running. But Adam, man I wish I had his track skills. He finished it under an hour! In 54 mins! I could't believe it! He was awesome! But the funny thing was seeing all these people that I went to high school with, that were in track, and still running these things! But I do have to say that my mom got to see one of the people who inspired her to want to start running, and it was Dennis Molyneaux. She has always wanted to do a Marathon and him and Dave Beavn did them and so that was pretty cool! So that was the start of our awesome day. Oh yes my husband and children were still sleeping while I was running this! They were there in spirt. Thanks guys! I did take a minute and some seconds off my run, I guess that is pretty good.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: