Sunday, May 22, 2011

Not so different ....

Ok so this post is just one of those ones that I have to get off my chest.

So when I named my oldest I thought "Wow her name is SO different I love it!"

Well it was .... then we moved to Hooper .... there is a Hadley in our ward!

REALLY????!!! Out of all the places we have two Hadleys.

So that is ok it's kind of fun, BUT now I'm hearing it EVERYWHERE!!!!! Ug, really
when did it become so popular? I ALWAYS ALWAYS HATED, seriously, HATED being
Lindsey S. in school. It totally sucked, AND everyone ALWAYS SPELLED my NAME WRONG! And now there are TONS of lil Hadleys runnin around!!

Well come to find out people have been spelling Hadleys name wrong, LIKE at SCHOOL! UG!
Or they try to make it different, STOP doing that it messes people UP! (this is how we spell my childrens names: Hadley, Taylor, Cache. Really? Is it that hard? Should I have stuck with names like Ace? Or Texie Or Summer?)

So HERE is my real annoyance, I was told the other day that my honey knows a girl that went to school with him or something like that and she is having a baby girl..... GUESS what HER name is going to be ...... HADLEY PAIGE!!!

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Why?!?! What?!!?!?! Poo! How is it that someone can have the same middle name as my daughter? Really?!?!?!?! I mean I really thought her name was so different and NO ONE would ever name there daughters that. Cause it's such a country name to me and it has SO much meaning behind it for us. Her WHOLE name, not just first but middle too!

Then we went to Kindergarden Round-up and there is a BOY with the name HADLEY!!!! Serious! She better not be in the same class as him! But really, how annoying!

Well so much for being DIFFERENT! I guess she gets to live with the Hadley M.

Sorry Hads, I really thought it was a not common name. I did try, but as fate has it you get to live what I did in school. Oh goodness. So is the story of my life!

Annoyance written, thanks.
More to come on what is new with life and the chitlins!!!
Love Love!

5 comments:

kim said...

Mmm...that Brushetta in your other post looks SO GOOD! I must try it! I am glad you are a little Martha Stewart. :)

And about the name, if this makes you feel any better, I have not met any little Hadleys up here in Cache Valley. ;) I'm sure there are some but I don't know any. I think it is such a darling name, I can't blame people for using it.

Adrienne said...

names are so hard. I figured we'd have some problems with ryan but there was only one other one in his preschool class (a girl). Micah we keep hearing everywhere and Megan... there's tons. But I didn't even try. I hated never being able to find stuff with my name on it.

The Ingebretsen's... said...

I feel your pain being a Lindsey myself :). So I went original with Emersen and Kaycen. Problem is no one can spell or pronounce either name correctly. Plus we can never find their names on anything (mugs, key chains, etc..) which is always sad for them. I guess you can't win either way! I love your kids names. What's with a boy Hadley anyway!

Texie said...

You makin fun of my name?!!!! lol I actually went to high school with another Texie!!! What are the odds of that happenin!!!

Brandon and Lindsey said...

Ha ha no way Texie I LOVE your name! It seriously rocks! I tryed to put that on here but blogger was being wierd and I can't edit my post :( That is weird someone has your name that went to freemont? What are the odds?!?!