Thursday, June 12, 2008

Moving!!! Ya not so fast

Ok so as some of you know we were moving, yes were. Well here is the story I hope you don't get pissed like I did.

Well it's Wednesday the 4th of June, we are going to sign papers to move in get keys ect. Super excited and the guy (who will remain annonomous (sp?) so people don't egg his house or something wrong like that) calls us and asked if we could come over at 9 instead of 8. So we agree and are like of we will finish eating and pick up ect. So we pack everyone in the car, telling the girls we are going to our new house, we are going to be moving, blah blah blah. Well Brandon and I are so excited we pull onto 200 N and head West! Yahoo moving to west kaysville! Over the new bridge we go pasted the park turn and turn again. Well we pull up in front of the house and people are outside, grandkids we think. It was an older couples house. So we ring the door bell looking around and what we need outside and how fun it's going to be and the guy comes to the door and we come in, stand in the entry way and pretty much stay there.
He starts to ramble about something that is embarrassing or something (we are thinking because it took so long for them to finish there new house and all that crap) well anyways, (here is the super annoying part!!!!!!!!!!!!) The guy pretty much sold the house from under us. The people that were renting the house while they were on there mission had built a house and had just sold it and wanted to buy theirs. So he told them that he already had renters for the house and then they said they would give him above market value for it (they must of really liked the house) so he decided to do what was in his best interest. So he "felt bad" so he was going to match our deposit oh wow thanks pal. I'm at this point confused tryin not to cry holding my child and we leave. Put the kids in the car seats and Brandon saying well I didn't like the house too much anyways, so it's ok. I'm running wild with emotion and I buckle up and start crying my eyes out. I was so looking forward to moving and having our own place and just starting our family. And now my dreams had been taken away again!!!!! So Brandon is still trying to tell me that it's ok it wasn't ment to be we will find something else, it wasn't that great of a place blah blah blah! And I'll I'm thinking is " It was a great yard lots of room in the house, a good place to raise the girls, it's a safe town, close to the freeway close to everything else and now I don't know what to do, we'd seen lots of good rents come and go because we were waiting for them to close on there house and being really good and cool about it and then he throws that at us. Oh man for the next two days I was so pissed the house went to hell cause I just didn't care and was so mad. And then I had my "come to Jesus meeting" and I was ok, still hurt and upset but oh well what can I do about it now.... nothing.
SO now we have decied to give us 2 months to find a house to buy, and if a good rent comes up before then we will take it otherwise we are buying a house, I don't want to have to deal with you can't do this or this or this or that crap that guy told us. So there it is, sorry for all of you who were excited for us to move to West Kaysville and stay close and all that but now I'm not sure where we will move too! Honestly I told Brandon I don't care too much what town I move too. I'm just so mad! Grrrrrr! So hopefully something will come up that is for us.
But here is the funny thing, on the 2nd I drove by the house and I looked at it and thought, ug maybe I don't want to move there. And on my way home I said Lindsey you can't think like that, so don't drive by again!!! And I didn't then on the way to sign in my head came the thought, I wonder what would happen if we just didn't show up! Can you believe it!!!!????? I was actually preping myself for what was coming. It's like God knew and was trying to tell me ahead of time. But silly me, I told myself nonsence. So anyways, that is the story with that. Ben and Jerrys and me are still good friends, Brandon went and bought me some, I took a couple bits, but I really only like it when I'm happy! Ha isn't that funny!!! So......
THE SEARCH IS ON!!! Here we go..... wish us luck!!!

6 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Oh honey! I am so sorry, rotten luck! Something better will come along, Im sure of it:) Keep me updated on if you find somewhere and where you will end up moving to!! Love ya girl!!

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Oh good luck!!! Our neighborhood has a bunch of homes for sale. Really cute ones too. If you want to drive by turn off Antelope onto 575 East and drive down to the park, that's our neighborhood, and 2200 South about 3 houses from 1000 East has a really cute one! Pretty resonably priced too. Anyway, best of luck!!

kim said...

Wow! What an mess!! At least you know that is was not meant to be, and something better will come along! I really hate moving, though. I cannot imagine it being any easier with kids!! :)

Jenn said...

It just wasn't ere you were supposed to be! Something even better will come your way and you'll forget all about this bummer deal!

BTW -- there is a cute 3bd/2ba condo for sale here where I live. Lots of cute little kids running around... awesome neighbors, ward, and only 10 minutes from K-Town! There's a pool basketball court and tennis courts, yeah you don't have your "own" yard, but we always go hang out together outside and let our kids play. It's a great little starter place. We have LOVED it for the past 2 years! I think the 3 bdrm is less than 130K

Adrienne said...

I am SO SORRY. That is so miserable. I hope you find something that you love soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but it sounds like it worked out for the best! You will find something soon!