Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wee Care I'm sick of you!

So I'm just posting to say my annoyance with sickness. I've been to Wee Care 3 times this past week. And let me tell you it sucks!

Tuesday - Hadley comes home and has those nasty boogers in her eye, so I call and make an appointment, the only one to note that we get in with in 30 mins or so. We go and she has a cold in both her eyes, it's really gross. And a bit of a cough. So the Doc gives her some Amoxicillan to cure it. And I know that soon Taylor will for sure get it cause that is just how it is with kids. Well Tay is allergic to Amoxicillan.

Saturday- I come home from a Bridal shower and a bit of shopping with my mom, it was a blast we even went to the Mall without kids! I felt like I was in High School! It was nice, but I come home to find, ug, yucks in Taylors eye, well I didn't want to go back into the Doctor cause I knew she would just have the same thing as Hadley so I called and asked if I could just get a different Medicine for Taylor cause she can't have Amoxicillan. So they say we will call you back. Well I called around 5, I didn't get a call back until 8:30! Crazy! So in the mean time threw out the week Hadley has woken up with red rash looking stuff on her. So she just got worse that night so I'm concerned. So the girls were in the bath and we pull both out and just pack up to head to Wee Care and I get the phone call as we are driving there, weird. Plus Hadley eye is getting gross again! I mean BOTH girls with yucky eyes, I can't handle it. They are so helpless. So as I'm talking to them they tell me the Doc wants to look at Taylor first to make sure it's the same thing! What! Well I tell them I'm on my way with both of my children. And the lady on the phone says well we are booked for the night, our next opening is at 12:40 and 12:50 AM!!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! You are Wee Care in 5 hours they aren't going to be the same as they are now. So we still go and make those LATE appointments and hang out at my parents until it's time. By this time Hadleys rash has gone away lots! Like they would look at me and say she had what! So we get in and it took forever to see the doctor. I think they only had one guy working, serious, it was lame! Well he tells us Taylor has PINK EYE and CROUP!!!!! And Hadley now has PINK EYE and ALLERGIC TO AMOXICILLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UG!!!! Noway this is just lame. So he gives us some eye drops and Taylor gets a shot! So everyone stays home from church, but me. Cause I'm feeling fine, Brandon has a cold to top if off, so I have 3 sick kids to look after! When I get home we all take naps and try to get better. Well the girls still aren't at there best but getting better,we hope. So Monday morning Taylor has this wicked HOT fever! So I give her some meds to take it down, so i give it to her all day, nothing is working. By 5 or 6 I call my parents cause I'm nervous, she has this yucky cough, short quick breaths, and this way hot fever. And after looking online at different things it sounds like RSV! Now I'm trying not to freak out or start crying my eyes out on the phone with my mom. She tells me call W.C. and to get over to her house. I call WC and they tell me "WE ARE BOOKED UNTIL 11 PM. OUR NEXT APPOINTMENT IS AT 11:40!" I can't believe it. So we head in at that time, and they talk to me about things that have been going on and take her temp, it's 104! And the Doc is kind of funny cause I tell him ya we were in her last night, and he goes, you didn't see me did you! ha ha ha, funny old guy! Well they check her oxygen and it's fine, and they do a strep test and then they were going to do some kind of white blood cell count, don't remember the name for it cause all things medical have to be really long and noone can say it. The strep test comes back neg, so they run the other test, yep there is an infection in her lungs! Holy Shiz is all I can think, what the ________ does that mean!!?? Well it means if her fever doesn't go away in 4 days we have to come back in, or if her breathing is more than 50 breaths per min we have to go back in! Otherwise we just let it run it's course. So thus I'm sick of Wee Care. OH to top it off Brandon wakes up on Monday saying to me, look at my eye! Yep PINK EYE!!!!!!!!!! Oh man you know lets just get it all on the board and everyone get sick at the same time. My house smells like LYSOL and my big bottle of hand sanitizer is almost gone. It's like a freakin hospital here! I'm the only one not getting anything, and I keep saying it's because I have this sinus infection and it's blocking everything. So for that long long story that I could of just summarized a bit better, there is just so much to remember and type. I'm really tired of the doctors office, and that I'm not allowed to ever have Amoxicillan in my house since my husband and now 2 girls are allergic to it! Goodness, what next, healthy? That would be OH so nice!!! So this is my rant for the night. Hope that everything works out great and that everyone gets better soon! Well one is better, Hadley, she is for sure going back to school and to dance cause wow, she is so full of energy now but it will be nice to have Taylor all better and Dad.

2 comments:

kim said...

WOW! Crazy, Crazy! I am sorry Lindz, I have learned that dealing with sick kids, as their mama, is NO FUN at all! I hope it all goes away for good soon!!

Cayley said...

Hey Lindsey! Geez I haven't checked your blog in awhile and it looks like I've missed a lot! I heard about the new presidency. I am glad you are still in there. You are so good for those girls. And congrats on a boy!! That should be lots of fun. Sorry to hear about all the sickness. That is never fun. It is weird how much you realize how you take your health for granted once you get really sick. Hope things get better! :)